The Auraria Library invites and encourages faculty, staff, and students from the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver to submit original scholarly research to the Auraria Institutional Repository, a free, publicly-accessible platform for research materials produced by campus authors.
For all digital materials submitted to AIR, the Library offers perpetual secure storage of digital files; stable permanent URLs; advanced metadata; usage statistics (e-mailed monthly to contributors); indexing in major search engines; and an opportunity to deposit your valuable research in a branded campus repository.
Basic Instructions for Registering with myAuraria and submitting content
- Register with myAuraria by clicking the "myAuraria Home" link at the upper right of the page, or click the "Click Here to Submit Your Research" button below. Then click the "Register now" link on the following page.
- Once you are registered, you will be directed to your myAuraria home. To submit a new item, click "Start a New Item."
- Read the terms and conditions of the user agreement and click "Continue" if you agree.
- Enter information about the item you are submitting. Your name will automatically populate the "Creator" field. You can add additional authors by click the plus sign to the right of the field. Any field with a plus sign to the right of field is allowed multiple entries. Creator, Title, and Material Type are the only required fields. Click "Save" when you are done.
- Add files to your item by clicking the "Browse" button to locate any and all files that correspond to the information entered in the previous screen. After selecting the appropriate files, click "Upload."
- When you are done, click "Submit." (PDFs will be immediately available, but all other formats will either appear as "Download Only" or will be processed by the repository administrator).
- The final screen will allow you to view the item you just submitted, add another item, edit the item you just submitted, or return to your myAuraria home.
Detailed Instructions: this link will take you to a PDF guide on submitting materials to AIR, complete with step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
About Submitting (see the FAQ for more information)
- Authors: creative works may be submitted to the Auraria Institutional Repository (AIR) by the faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff of University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Community College of Denver, and the Auraria Higher Education Center Authority.
- AIR accepts the following material types:
- White papers and technical papers for which the submitter holds copyright or bear a Creative Commons or similar license.
- Pre- or post-prints of journal articles (publisher-permitting)
- Open access journal articles
- Datasets in comma separated value (.csv) files or Excel spreadsheets
- Theses, dissertations, or capstone projects (projects-in-lieu of theses)
- Conference proceedings for which the submitter holds copyright or bear a Creative Commons or similar license.
- Poster presentations
- Please contact the repository administrator if you have questions about whether your creative work will be accepted.
- All digital files submitted to AIR must be free of copyright restrictions. Submission indicates that the creator of the work or works grants non-exclusive Internet distribution rights to Auraria Library and the right to archive and preserve the submitted materials.
- Submitters must hold copyright on their submissions, unless the material is freely licensed with a recognized license (e.g. Creative Commons),
- Authors are responsible for ensuring submissions do not violate any applicable copyright limitations, but the Library does offer assistance in making these determinations.
- For more information on how to determine whether your publication can be legally submitted to AIR please consult the Auraria Library Scholarly Communications page.
- File Types:
- PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word Documents (.doc, .docx)
- Text (.txt, .rtf, .html, .xml)
- Audio (.wav, .mp3, .m4a, .wma)
- Video (.m4v, .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .ogg)
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, .csv)
- And many others! Please refer to the Preferred File Formats sheet for more information.
- File Sizes: the AIR Self-Submission tool allows individual uploads of up to 2 gigabytes. Files this large, however, may not upload successfully and it is advised that you keep individual file submissions to no more than 100 MBs. For Larger files or groups of large files, please contact the repository administrator to arrange transfer.
- Preservation: all materials submitted to AIR will be preserved in duplicate, one copy stored in a cloud-based digital archive managed by Amazon Glacier, the other on a managed server hosted by Sobek Digital.
- Withdrawal: submitted materials may be withdrawn at the author's request (but archived versions will remain on Amazon Glacier); by request of the publisher; or by judgment of Auraria Library should the material be found to contain plagiarized content, falsified research, or pose a threat to national security.